M1 Student Training Visa
Cloud 9 Helicopters LLC is approved by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to issue paperwork (I20 form) to enable international students gain an M1 student study visa .
All potential foreign / international students have to do is fill in the enrollment form, http://cloud9helicopters.com/Enrollmentform2010.pdf , from our website and forward it to our office by email or by fax 001 561 799 8884.
The ONLY payment we request for completion of the I20 paperwork is for the shipping costs of the documentation to you.
Allow about 3 weeks for the visa process, we will send you an information pack with detailed instructions on how to complete the application and US Embassy interview.
TSA Security Clearance Instructions
All students who are Non US Citizens are required to undertake the Alien Flight School Student Programme application in order to gain the specific clearance required to undertake initial flight training in the USA.
(1) Let Cloud 9 Helicopters know that you want to begin flight instruction before contacting
(2) Go to this TSA website: www.flightschoolcandidates.gov, scroll down the page and click
on “new account”. Fill in all of your contact information here.
(3) You will receive a confirmation email from the TSA with your USER ID and
PASSWORD. Please make sure to make a note of these for future reference.
(4) Go to: https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov and login again with your USER ID and
(5) Complete all of the requested information.
(6) Then submit the following information:
(a) Full name, gender, current address and five-year address history, date and country of
birth, and citizenship information.
(b) Passport information — All applicants are required to attach their passport to this
(c) Training details as follows:
(i) Student ID: Use your full name
(ii) Course Number: one of the following
(001) PPL for Private Pilot’s License,
(002) IR for Instrument Rating
(iii). Aircraft Type: Robinson R22 Helicopter
Or Robinson R44 Helicopter
Or Robinson R66 Helicopter
(iv). Name of Course: one of the following
(1) Private Pilot Helicopter Training
(2) Instrument Helicopter Training
(v) You will need to list Cloud 9 Helicopters as your affiliated flight school, using the
list of drop down names.
(d) IMPORTANT: Where the type of training is requested, designate “Category 3” (not
(6). When your application is complete, Cloud 9 Helicopters will get an email from the TSA
requesting confirmation that you will be taking lessons here.
(7) You will then receive an email asking for payment of $130 – go to
www.flightschoolcandidates.gov and login and pay using a credit card.
(8) Once TSA receives payment and accepts your documents, they will send you and Cloud 9
Helicopters an email asking you to go for fingerprinting. Arrangements for this will be made
once you attend school, the cost for this is $99 – there are very few fingerprinting offices
outside the USA, if there is one in your country of residence that you are able to attend we
recommend that you book an appointment and have them taken before you come out to the
(9) When you come in to begin training, we will take a digital photo of you, which we will
email to TSA. This is the final step in the process. Please remember to bring with you a copy
of your TSA registration.
If you have any additional questions about this process, please do not hesitate to give us a call.