Instrument Rating FAA Part 141 or FAA Part 61 (Rotorcraft Helicopter)
An Instrument Rating is an invaluable addition to your Private Pilot Certificate regardless as to whether you intend to progress through to becoming a Professional Pilot or remaining as a Recreational Pilot. The Instrument Rating dramatically improves your flying ability and aeronautical judgement. You will be taught how to fly in fog, clouds and limited visibility. You will also develop the knowledge, skills and judgement required to safely and confidently evaluate adverse weather conditions together with learning to maneuver the helicopter by sole reference to it’s instrumentation.
You can learn in the Robinson R22 ($310.00 per hour), the Schweizer CBI ($310.00 per hour) or the R44 ($500 per hour).
Instrument Rating Eligibility
Hold at least a current Private Pilot Certificate with a Helicopter rating.
- Able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Receive flight training and logbook endorsements from an authorized Flight Instructor (At least 15 hrs of instrument flight training from an authorized Flight Instructor in helicopters).
- Receive a logbook endorsement from an authorized Instructor certifying that a course of training or home study has been completed.
- Meet the following aeronautical experience requirements, a total of 40 hours (unless under our Part 141 Course then it is 35 hours) actual or simulated instrument time (including at least 15 hrs of flight instruction in helicopters). Have logged at least 50 hrs of cross-country flight time (not required under Part 141) as Pilot-In-Command of which at least 10 hrs must be in helicopters (not required for Part 141 training).
- Pass a written knowledge test (multiple choice questions).
- Pass a practical flight test and oral exam with an FAA Examiner.
- Hold at least a Class 3 Medical Certificate.
- 42 (35 Simulated IFR) hours instruction (to allow for start up and shut down) @ $310 per hour, $13,020
- 30 hours of ground school with our Chief Ground Instructor @ $40 per hour, $1,200
- Written Test, $150
- Books & Materials, $75
- Practical Test Fee and Aircraft rental for Practical Test, $760
- Total $15,205
Please contact us for special rates and all inclusive pricing for booking an entire Instrument Course in the Robinson R44.
11610 Aviation Blvd,
West Palm Beach,
UK: 0113 815 1177