- At least 18 years of age
- Must hold either a Commercial Pilot Certificate or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with an aircraft and class rating that is appropriate to the Flight Instructor rating sought and an Instrument Rating appropriate to the category and class of the rating sought.
- Able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Receive a Logbook endorsement from an authorized Instructor on the fundamentals of instructing and pass the appropriate required knowledge test.
- Pass a written knowledge test (multiple choice questions) that is appropriate to the Flight Instructor rating sought.
- Log at least 15 hrs as Pilot-In-Command in helicopters.
- Receive a Logbook endorsement from an authorized Instructor on the areas of operation appropriate to the Flight Instructor rating sought.
- Pass a practical flight test and oral exam with an FAA examiner.
Hourly Dual Instruction Rates for CFI / CFII Training
For students who have completed the Cloud 9 Helicopters Professional Program
R22 Beta II /Schweizer 300 CBI/CB, $310.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
R44 $500.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
Ground School $40 per hour
For students who have not completed a Cloud 9 Helicopters Professional Pilot Program add $15 per hour to flight time and $10 per hour for ground.
CFI (R22) (an example training course cost)
15 hours of flight (as required, there is no minimum) @ $310 per hour = $4,650
30 hours of Groundschool @ $40 per hour = $1,200
Accommodation for 3 weeks = $825
2 written Tests @ $150 each = $300
Practical Test Fee $650 plus 1 hr of Aircraft time @ $310 = $960
Total for Certified Flight Instructor $7,935
CFII (R22) (an example training course cost)
8 hours of Flight (no minimums) @ $310 = $2,480
15 hours of Groundschool @ $40 per hour = $600
1 Written test = $150
Accommodation for 1 week = $275
Practical Test Fee $600 plus 1 hour of Aircraft time @ $310 = $910
Total for Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (R22) $4,415
11610 Aviation Blvd,
West Palm Beach,
UK: 0113 815 1177