- Private Pilot License Eligibility and Requirements
- Age 16 to become a Student Pilot, 17 to become a Private Pilot - Rotorcraft.
- Able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Pass a written knowledge test (multiple choice questions).
- Receive flight training and logbook endorsements from an authorized Flight Instructor (Minimum 40 hrs flight time to include at least 30 hrs dual instruction and 10 hrs solo flight).
- Meet certain experience requirements for example cross country and night flying.
- Pass a practical flight test and oral exam with an FAA Examiner.
- Hold at least a Class 3 Medical Certificate.
Hourly Dual Instruction Rates
Schweizer 300 CBI $290.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
R22 Beta II $290.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
R44 $495.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
Example cost for the average pilot (Robinson R22 Beta II):
The national average for initial Private Pilot Rotorcraft is 50 to 60 hrs (4 to 6 weeks)
- 50 hours flight time at $290.00 per hour, $14,500.00
- 30 hours ground school at $40.00 per hour, $1,200.00
- Written examination, $150.00
- Medical On-Site, $115.00
- Practical examination, $450.00
- Pilot supplies and training materials, $100.00
- Grand Total $16,515
Accommodation (5 weeks at $276.25 per week inc taxes) $1,250.00
We carry insurance that allows our students to fly solo in our R44's, therefore it is also possible to undertake the full course in the R44 if desired.