- Hold at least a Private Pilot Certificate.
- Age 18 to receive a Commercial Pilot Certificate.
- Able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Receive Logbook endorsement from the instructor who conducted the ground training or reviewed the applicants home study course.
- Pass a written knowledge test (multiple choice questions).
- Receive flight training and logbook endorsements from an authorized Flight Instructor (150 hrs total flight time of which 100 must be in powered aircraft and 50 must be in helicopters which must include at least 20 hrs of dual training, 35 hrs of Pilot in Command, 10 hrs of cross country flight, and 5 hrs of Pilot in Command night flying experience.
- Meet all of the experience requirements listed in FAR 61.127 (c).
- Pass the required practical test and oral examination with an FAA Examiner.
- Hold at least a Class 2 Medical Certificate in order to exercise Commercial Pilot privileges.
The Commercial Pilot training program may be completed solely in the R22 or R44 or indeed a combination of both types.
Hourly Dual Instruction Rates for Commercial Pilot Training
R22 Beta II $290.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
Schweizer 300CB/CBI $290.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge
R44 $495.00 per hour with no fuel surcharge